The Molded Grade plastic wood is a high-density polyethylene lumber that uses a different extrusion method, the result being a recycled plastic wood with a slightly rougher skin grain. This method also limits maximum length availability, and you are more likely to find internal “voids”, though usually small.
A small order fee adds an additional $35.00 to orders under $400.00 (before shipping)
MOLDED & STRUCTURAL GRADE COLORS
TECHNICAL DATA MOLDED GRADE PLASTIC LUMBER
|English Units||Metric Units|
|Flash Point||644||DEG F||340||DEG C|
|Moisture Absorption||0.06||% by weight||0.06||% by weight|
|Thermal Expansion||D6341-98||0.000055||INCH/INCH/DEG F|
|Average Nail Pull Out||D6117-97||504||Lbs.|
|Static Coefficient of Friction-Dry||D2394-83(99)||.48|
|Static Coefficient of Friction-Wet||D2394-83(99)||.40|
|Sliding Coefficient of Friction-Dry||D2394-83(99)||.22|
|Sliding Coefficient of Friction-Wet||D2394-83(99)||.43|
- THIS DATA REPRESENTS AVERAGE VALUES NOT MINIMUMS. SAFETY FACTORS MUST BE ADDED INTO THE DESIGN.
- Testing conducted by Battelle of Columbus, OH
- Warnock Hershey Certified for ASTM D6662-01 by Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd. of Coquitlam,BC.
- For further information on our ASTM standards please contact your Plastic Lumber Yard representative.
- For further information on Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd. and the Warnock Hershey certification, please contact ITS at: www.ETLSemko.com
- For Further information and their processes please contact ASTM at: www.astm.org
Since high density polyethylene has a high resistance to most acids and chemicals, Plastic Lumber is not affected by exposure to most substances.
An ultraviolet stabilizer is incorporated at the time of manufacture. It protects the plastic from ultraviolet light degradation and ensures that the outside of the product will not degrade in exterior applications.